Wednesday, June 22, 2011

LDL Cholesterol

Can this topic get anymore complicated?

I got the call from my doctor today at 10am. I have high LDL levels. I had to look LDL up on the internet to even know what she was talking about.

LDL: Low-density lipoprotein
If its not over your head you can read about LDL on Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDL

“Normal” levels are under 100. Mind is 109.

I thought I better do some research. I started looking up articles and to no avail, they were too hard to understand with all the doctor and science talk. Oy.

Just last week we were at dinner with our close friends and had a conversation about how high-cholesterol does not cause heart disease. It was very educational but what does high cholesterol mean then?
Do I need to worry about it?
Will it make losing weight harder?
Do I need to get it down even through it doesn’t cause heart disease?
Sometimes easy answers are hard to find.

1 comment:

  1. Check out my question on Paleo Hacks.
    http://paleohacks.com/questions/46587/is-high-ldl-cholesterol-109-bad-will-it-inhibit-weight-loss#axzz1Q3wfeSaZ

    ReplyDelete