Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blender Soups - Fall has arrived!

Yeah, Yeah... its been a while. I've been slacking and I have been busy. 15lbs gained later, I'm back to what I know is best for me, WHOLE 30!! Well... its been fun catching up, on to the kitchen WE go.

Last night I made Jake a pureed soup since he is home sick with strep throat. 

Chicken Squash Soup

2 acorn squash
4 chicken thighs
4 cups chicken stock

The acorn squash and chicken thighs were already baked @ 350 for 45 min to an hour.  Since they were left overs I just debones and skinned, through them in the blender with chicken stock and BAM! It was done. 

Jake said he loved it so much it got me thinking what I might like in the blender as well. 

For me last night I made calamari, artichoke stir fry. 
1/2 onion
2 cans artichoke hearts
whole bag of thawed raw - nekkid calamari




It was ok... but it was missing something. So.... today as left overs I boiled 
2 cups carrots 
2 cups celery 
in 4 cups chicken stock till they were soft. 

Then added the calamari stir fry and broth mixture to the blender. 

Now, its tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment