Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bruised Not Broken

Wow...am I black and blue... I went my first Muay Thai boxing class last night and boy is my ego beat up. I have been involved off and on with martial arts since I was a kid and I like to think that I can handle myself when it is necessary. I have been a bouncer for many years and have been in many hands on confrontations and have never had a problem with keeping myself safe. Yet trying to learn a new martial art when my brain is programed to block, kick, and punch in a different martial art style is proving to be very difficult as you can see. I must say I like the pain cause I know it is teaching me and the bruises are reminding me to stay focused and train harder. I wish I had all the time and money I need to train 24/7 so I could progress a lot faster. Once again martial arts is opening up my eyes to see that I not only need physical work but also need to be humble and patient.


PS doing Crossfit right before probably wasn't a good idea either.

Heres to learning slowly!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, as a fellow member/blogger at CrossFit Woodstock, with almost 6 months under my belt now, I have to say that I LOVE this. Love it, love it, love it! Keep working hard and you can do ANYTHING. Our motto at CFW is "Change is inevitable." I've lost 56 pounds already, while gaining tons of core strength and muscular endurance, and now I'm getting into Jiu-Jitsu as well. I'm really looking forward to meeting you, working/suffering together, and can't wait to see the progress as you continue. Way to go!

    -D. Braun

    ReplyDelete